Founding and Managing Partner, Crefovi SELAS
Annabelle is an “avocat à la cour” with the Paris bar in France, as well as a solicitor of England & Wales in the United Kingdom, a mediator and an arbitrator focused on art law, copyright, trademarks, entertainment and commercial law. She is the founding and managing partner of the law firm Crefovi SELAS, incorporated in 2012, and focused on advising the creative industries out of London, UK, and Paris, France. She is the author of many publications relating to art law and arbitration as well as mediation in the creative industries. Annabelle is a frequent speaker and has published extensively on issues related to art law and business, as well as arbitration and mediation.
Annabelle’s law practice has included arbitration and mediation since 2001. She has served as (sole and part of a tribunal) arbitrator, and mediator, in a wide range of art law and commercial disputes at both the domestic and international level, on more than 50 matters. She is a member of:
- the arbitrators’ panel of the International Centre for Dispute Resolution (ICDR), the international division of the American Arbitration Association (AAA);
- the arbitrators’ panel of the Independent Film & Television Alliance (IFTA);
- the arbitrators’ and mediators’ panel of the Films, Entertainment and Media section of the WIPO Arbitration and Mediation Center;
- the arbitrators’ and mediators’ panel of the WIPO Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) for Art and Cultural Heritage, Geneva, Switzerland;
- the arbitrators’ and members’ panels of the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA);
- the arbitrators’ and mediators’ panels of the Association Française de l’Arbitrage (AFA);
- the Professional Advisors to the International Art Market (PAIAM);
- the French Chamber of Great-Britain (CCFGB);
- the Forum on the Entertainment and Sports Industry of the American Bar Association (ABA); and
- the circle « Les Amis du musée du quai Branly ».
She was appointed to the Arbitration pool of CAfA in January 2020. Furthermore, Annabelle is co-founder, president and treasurer of ialci, the international association of lawyers for creative industries.
Annabelle’s educational background includes: Fashion law bootcamp at Fordham School of Law, NY, USA (2012); Master’s degree in economics and finance, SDA Bocconi, Milan, Italy (1999); Master’s degree in business law from University Paris X Nanterre, France (1999); Comparative master’s degree in French and Italian business law, from University Paris X Nanterre (1999).
She is fluent in English, French and Italian.
Jurisdiction: France and U.K.